Saturday, May 29, 2010

New

Hello and welcome!

I established this blog to consolidate my research and document my projects and experimentations into recreating or producing interpretations of garments and items from the material culture of the 16th and 17th centuries.

I am committed to using only the most accurate materials and fabrics available and documentable construction methods when I can. I typically sew everything by hand, but when time is very short, I have resorted to machine-sewing hidden seams and hand-finishing in the past.

I'm very interested in the topics of living history and historical interpretation, and currently participate with a group that presents educational, hands-on displays and demonstrations on Elizabethan military history throughout Illinois and Wisconsin.

Please enjoy.

-Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment